Dr Aaron Issa Anafure is a Fellow of the West African Insurance Institute, Banjul, The Gambia and a Fellow of Insurance Institute of Ghana.As a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana and a Member of the Institute of Directors (Ghana) Dr Anafure holds a Doctorate in Business Administration from Swiss Management Centre SMC, Switzerland, with specialisation in Management and Corporate Governance. He had his Executive Masters in Business Administration in Finance option at the University of Ghana Business School where he also pursued his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Marketing option (BSc).”
Dr Anafure was the former Chief Executive Officer of SIC Life, having moved from the same position in CDH Life Insurance Company Limited. He has served as a Director on several Boards which include SIC Life Company Limited, SIC Life Savings and Loans Limited as Board Chairman, SIC Financial Services Limited, Merchant Bank (UMB), Ghana Insurers Association, Member of Ghana Life Offices Association, Member of WAICA Council, Member of Association of Insurance and Reinsurance of Developing Countries (AIRDEC) and Chairman of UMB Holdings Limited, as well as West African Insurance Institute (WAII) Governing Council Banjul.”
B.Sc. (Admin), MBA, M.Phil., ADB, CPA, CMA, CFA, CIA, LLB, BL, CA, CGFM, FChA, FCMC, FloD, FICB
- Professor Aheto is an accountant, internal auditor, financial expert, lawyer, and management expert.
- He is a product of Zion College of West Africa; Winneba Senior High School; University of Ghana; and New York University.
- He is a Full Professor of Accounting and International Finance.
- Aheto has been in the academia all his life – since 1971.
- He has taught in the USA (York College, Hunter College, Florida A&M University, Pace University) for 26 years.
- On his return to Ghana in October 1996 (23 years now), he has taught in UGSB, GIMPA, KNUST, CUC, KUC, WUCG, PUC, and MUCG.
- He is an international trainer and consultant.
- Aheto was one to the experts who designed, taught and later reviewed the ECOWAS’s Management and Leadership Module each year from its inception in 2002.
Prof. Aheto is
- Rector of University College of Management Studies; former Vice President of KUC; former Vice Rector of GIMPA, former Dean of Central University Business School, Chair UGSB CMDPR
- First Chair of Banking at KNUST and Chair of the Centre for Management Research and Professional Development at University of Ghana (UG)
- Chair and Member of various Corporate Boards, including Central University, GBC, Kings University College, and TRASSACO
- President in North America and Europe, General Secretary and Interim Executive Committee Member of the Church of Apostles Revelation Society (ARS)
- Executive Secretary General of the National Council of Ghanaian Associations (NCOGA) in the USA -1986 to 1996
- Chair and Member of many NAB Business Programme Visitation Teams
- Fifty (50) years of University Teaching (26 in USA, 24 in Ghana and Africa)
- External Examiner for CESAG and ISM in Senegal and UEW Kumasi
- Expertise in SME and HR Development, Corporate Governance, Strategic Planning, Leadership, and Management
- Consultant for ECOWAS and WAHO
- Chairman of the Editorial Board of PUC Business Journal since 1997